An Assistant Estimator is sought by a Tier 3 Builder, to work under a Senior Estimator on commercial construction tenders to $15 million.
- Inner West Based
- Immediate Permanent Opportunity
- Tier 3 Builder
An Assistant Estimator is required by an established Tier 3 Builder in Sydney’s Inner West, to work alongside a Senior Estimator, tendering on commercial, education, industrial and age care construction projects from between $5 million and $15 million.
What’s on offer:
- To $80k package (base and super)
- Immediate start
- Inner West Sydney office based
- Permanent Opportunity
- Reporting to the Senior Estimator, you will receive solid mentoring and personal development
- Established Tier 3 Builder with $40 million T/O
- Established Tier 3 Builder with 20 years trading history, and with secured portfolio of works across Sydney for 2018/ 2019
- This head contractor focuses on commercial, education and industrial construction projects in the $5 million to $15 million range
- Established client base and approved government contractor
- Working in a close knit team, with a sociable culture
- 20 staff across the business, with steady growth plans for 2019
You will be involved in creating and completing BOQ’s, attending pre-tender meetings, reviewing tender documents, scheduling costings, issuing tender documents to subcontractors, identifying profit percentages, liaising with PM’s on timelines and preliminaries.
You will need:
- Proven experience as a Estimator with a Head Contractor/ Builder on commercial or government projects over $500K
- A Construction Management Degree or Quantity Surveying Degree is required
- Post graduate Estimating experience with a Principal Contractor in the Sydney market, with a prior knowledge of the commercial sector and subcontractors ESSENTIAL
- Solid software experience, Buildsoft preferred.
- Good time management abilities and attention for detail
To apply for this role please email your resume in PDF format to Daniel Poole by applying to the APPLY FOR THIS JOB link below.
In order to be considered for this position you MUST be eligible to work in Australia with no restrictions