Community Relations Coordinator
Permanent - Full Time Job Available In NSW - Sydney
Manage the communication and marketing strategies for a well-established civil contractor who work on exciting projects across Sydney.
We are currently working with a well-established civil contractor who are looking for a Community Relations Coordinator to join their Sydney team. They are interested in meeting with candidates who have experience working on civil construction projects, are confident in liaising with the community and stakeholders and are knowledgeable in media management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Use your natural, confident communication skills to liaise with the community and all relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the project team to understand the community context in which the project is operating
- Proactively identifying possible community impacts and raise awareness of any issues with the project team
- Drafting notifications and contributing to weekly reports and briefings
- Preparing community plans and strategies to minimize disruption
- Address community concerns and practice conflict resolutions and negotiation skills
- Manage media releases, social media and website updates
- 3+ years’ experience, in the engineering or construction space
- Tertiary qualification in communications, or other related discipline preferred
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements, standards, guidelines, codes of practice and contractual specification relevant to the role
- Current valid driver’s license
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely with all stakeholders and foster strong relationships
- Excellent knowledge of the project lifecycle
- Previous involvement in preparing media releases and updating social media
If you are seeking an exciting position offering you the experience to develop your skills and work in a dynamic project environment, please submit your resume to Gemma in MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below.