Policy and Communications Officer
Contract/Temporary Job Available In NSW - Sydney
The role is primarily responsible for preparing school related ministerial, parliamentary & media communications and general project support.
- CBD Location
- $50 per hour + Super
- Immediate Start
- 6 Month contract (plus possible extension)
- Interesting and varied role
We are looking for a project support officer who has experience working within policy and/or communications to join a busy state government department based in the CBD. The role is primarily responsible for preparing school related ministerial, parliamentary and media communications. This is a varied and complex role that will see you put your excellent written and verbal communication skills to work to ensure that you meet required outcomes.
- Draft ministerial, parliamentary, executive and media communications, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare reports for the department’s executive and the Minister’s Office and respond to GIPA applications on asset related issues.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current asset related policies, procedures and guidelines and utilise asset management systems and data bases to extract information.
- Organise and prioritise individual workload, and work as part of the Ministerial and Parliamentary Communications team to deliver within requisite time frames.
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of issues relating to asset management and the implications of those issues.
- Develop and maintain sustainable partnerships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure all correspondence relating to the assets program is prepared and approved within requisite timeframes, and is accurate and consistent with policy guidelines and procedures.
- Track communications on HPRM to accurately reflect their status.
- Demonstrated high level writing and communication skills.
- Experience in Ministerial and Parliamentary writing is essential.
- Strong relationship Building skills.
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and in tight time frames.
- 3-5 years + in public sector with a working knowledge of hierarchy and governance.
For a confidential discussion please do not hesitate to contact Emma Corke on 02 9350 8307.
If you are looking for a challenge and the chance to further develop your career we would like to hear from you.
Please click on “Apply for this job” below to send your resume for consideration.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.