Contract/Temporary Job Available In NSW - Newcastle
12-month contract. Government department. Implement and maintain project risk management methodologies. Promote project control process integration.
What’s on offer:
- 12-month contract.
- NSW Government department.
- Implement and maintain project risk management methodologies.
- Promote project control process integration.
- The role can be based in Newcastle or Grafton.
The Risk Specialist is responsible for the administration and management of the Project Office’s risk management function to ensure all risks are proactively identified and efficiently and effectively managed. This role is for an engineering risk identification and mitigation specialist working on civil infrastructure projects.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to develop and maintain project risk registers and risk information for infrastructure projects at different stages of the lifecycle to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Implement and maintain project risk management methodologies, procedures and tools for the effective execution of projects.
- Promote project control process integration to risk management; project change, cost control, contingency management and schedule.
- Provide support to project teams developing, implementing and maintaining project risk management methodologies, procedures and tools.
- Conduct Risk Register Reviews and facilitating risk review meetings.
- A Degree in Engineering, Construction or similar is preferred.
- Solid theoretical and practical understanding of statistical methods, probability and risk analysis processes and tools.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a risk management role.
- Proficiency with risk management software and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good report writing and effective presentation skills.
- PC skills including proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, relational database.
- Ability to travel between Newcastle and Grafton for coordination meetings and/or risk reviews.
- Valid Drivers Licence
To apply for this role, please contact Heath Crichton for a confidential discussion on 02 9350 8339 or send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full explanation of our specialist areas and available positions please visit our website at www.constructive.net.au
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.