Permanent - Full Time Job Available In VIC - Melbourne
Manage On Site Safety | Work with Collaborative Team | Excellent Career Development Opportunities | Great Project Pipeline
This successful commercial builder based in Melbourne is looking for a safety officer with excellent compliance understanding to join their team.
Our client is especially keen to hear from candidates that are confident
communicators, have a background working in the construction space and are passionate about creating and maintain a safe work environment.
The primary purpose of the role is to promote Safety in a collaborative and informative manner within the business. You will work alongside employees and subcontractors across the business with a strong field- based presence to mentor and develop staff on all safety matters. You will also get mentoring and guidance in the role in terms of performing your day to day tasks and upskilling your knowledge and experience in safety.
What you’ll do:
- Utilise your strong compliance background to project compliance to safety regulations and processes
- Use your natural, confident communication style to report on internal and external safety matters
- Implement your analytical skills, to monitor data and identify safety trends across projects
- Apply your high attention to detail, to spot gaps for improvement and carry out training
- Exercise your excellent documentation skills to perform incident investigations
- Use your intuitive work style, to continue to make health and safety improvements
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a safety role
- Minimum Cert IV OH&S
- Exposure to the construction industry particularly site environments
- Australian driver’s license and ability to travel to various sites
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and view processes and procedures in a strategic fashion
- A solid understanding of the project environment
What you’ll love:
- Attractive salary package
- Supportive team structure
- Career development opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
If you are seeking an exciting position offering you the experience to develop your skills and work as a self-motivated safety officer, please submit your resume to Aine O’Donnell in MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below.