Senior Civil Engineer – Design Manager
Permanent - Full Time Job Available In NSW - Central Coast
Senior Civil Engineering position and Design management role, medium sized consultancy on the Central Coast
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER – DESIGN MANAGER
Multi-disciplinary consultancy employing over 100 people who provide comprehensive expertise in Project Management, Civil Engineering, Town Planning, and Surveying services to a client base which includes some of the largest developers in the State of NSW as well as a range of Government clients.
Projects typically include residential detached subdivisions, multi-unit/apartment developments, industrial subdivisions and major infrastructure with our involvement often ranging from the acquisition/due diligence phase through to registration.
The principle objective for the role will be to work closely with the project teams in management of the engineering component of projects including client liaison and engineering design management. The position will suit someone with a background in civil design, including roads, drainage, water and sewer who is looking to further their professional development and skill set.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Possess a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
- Have some years relevant management experience in civil projects, including infrastructure, in a consultancy environment.
- Be able to lead a project team to deliver documentation for a range of services including roads, drainage, water and sewer.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be able to show technical leadership in providing advice to project teams.
- Capability to deliver projects on time and within budget; and
- Ability to work independently on projects including liaising with clients, engagement and management of sub consultants and negotiations with authorities.
The role will include the following:
- Lead design project teams, including scoping, programming, design assessment and coordination with other consultants.
- Preparation of Engineering reviews and advice for new developments, including assessment of layout, services capacity assessment and compliance with Engineering Standards.
- Provide technical expertise to Town Planning pertaining to policies, standards and best practice engineering matters.
- Have an understanding and experience in the use of design packages (12d, XP RAFTS, DRAINS, HEC-RAS and MUSIC or equivalent).
- Involvement in Engineering leadership group, participating in professional development of junior staff.
- Be actively involved in company marketing and development initiatives, including new business strategies and new market opportunities; and
- Be actively involved in quality assurance requirements, including documentation auditing, and non-compliance management.
If you’d like to find out more about the company please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org