Senior Safety Coordinator
Permanent - Full Time Job Available In VIC - Melbourne
Industry Leading Organisation | Innovative Safety Systems | Huge Project Pipeline
The primary purpose of the role is to promote safety in a collaborative and informative manner within the business. You will work alongside employees and subcontractors across the business with a strong field- based presence to mentor and develop staff on all safety matters.
The client is a civil contractor with an industry leading presence. They have solid client relationships, a senior management team with a track record of successful project delivery and a large pipeline of future contracts. They complete projects across Melbourne and have strong relationships with clients. With high volumes of projects currently, they are looking to appoint a Senior Safety Coordinator to join their growing team.
What you’ll do
- Implement management systems
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external safety management system audits
- Maintain management system accreditation, and ensure they are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the relevant standards
- Assess and implement employee safety management systems recommendations
- Liaise with senior management
- Exercise your excellent documentation skills to perform incident investigations
- Use your intuitive work style, to continue to make health and safety improvements
What you’ll need
- Recognised qualifications in OHS
- Level 2 first aid
- Recent civil construction experience
- White Card
- Rail industry worker card
- Full driver’s licence
- Well-developed IT skills, including a thorough understanding of MS Office suite
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions and prioritise
- Diligent, confident and approachable
Please submit your resume to Aine O’Donnell in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the Apply button below. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.