Structural Drafter – Newcastle
Permanent - Full Time Job Available In NSW - Sydney
A privately owned Australian company with over 25 years’ experience specialising in structural & civil engineering design – Call Natasha at 0410777473
A privately owned Australian company with over 25 years’ experience specialising in structural and civil engineering design and documentation. Located in the heart of Newcastle the drafting team is currently made up of 3 drafters (1 x Senior, 1 x junior and 1 x trainee). They have a strong pipeline of work including commercial, residential, retail, age-care, education and industrial buildings.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience.
- This is a full-time position for an immediate start.
- A sound detailing background in reinforced concrete, structural steel and timber framed structures is essential.
- Knowledge of remedial / waterproofing detailing associated with building structures would also be an advantage.
- Knowledge of stormwater detailing associated with building structures would also be an advantage.
- A thorough understanding of general building construction and methods associated with residential, commercial and industrial structures would also assist in our remedial type projects.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Have relevant qualifications
- Be proficient in AutoCAD. Understanding of Revit would be beneficial but not essential.
- Have a good work ethic
- Have pride in finished product such that the degree of accuracy and level of detail is sufficient to minimise RFI enquiries by clients, contractors, etc
- Be a team player, but able to work with minimum supervision
- Be able to work to an agreed program in conjunction with others
- Have the ability to communicate, written and/or verbal with all levels of personnel involved in projects
- Assist with the training / mentoring of the junior staff members.
- Up to $95,000 package (including super and leave)
- Escape the rat race and enjoy the coastal lifestyle and relaxed environment
- Flexibility around start time is available
- Team events run throughout the year – fun social calendar
If you fit the above criteria, apply directly to Natasha Cookson via the link below, uploading your CV in Word format. Otherwise, call directly on 02-9350-8329 for a strictly confidential chat and more information.
–PLEASE NOTE– Due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.