Karrinyup Shopping Centre works set to begin
By Corrine Kenny on 18 January 2018
The Karrinyup Shopping Centre redevelopment is set to commence works on its huge redevelopment, doubling in size, to over 113,000 sqm once complete. The revitalised shopping centre is due to be completed by early 2020.
AMP Capital appointed Multiplex to undertake the project, which will include;
- Indoor and alfresco dining and a large piazza
- High-end residential apartments
- Extra supermarkets and fresh food district
- International retailers
- A brand new 6200sqm, 10-screen Hoyts Cinema
- Landscaped communal space which will include a play area and green spaces
The project is expected to create over 1200 jobs along the way.
The redevelopment is a part of exciting times for Perth retailers, with an expected $4.5 billion forecasted to be invested on Perth shopping centres by 2020.
(image source: Karrinyup SC website)