Metronet for Perth
By Corrine Kenny on 18 January 2018
There is a flurry of anticipation building, with the impending Metronet project for Perth, that will sustain jobs growth within infrastructure over the coming years.
By 2023, the brand-new train lines will connect to Ellenbrook and the Airport, Cockburn and Thornlie will be linked, and lines will also be built to go as far as Yanchep and Byford. This is all a part of the long-term plan to connect our suburbs and reduce Perth’s ever-increasing road traffic.
The first stage of Metronet will include:
- Finishing the Forrestfield-Airport Link.
- Extending the Joondalup Line to Yanchep.
- Extending the Thornlie Line to Cockburn.
- Planning and building a new Morley-Ellenbrook Line.
- Furthering the Armadale Line to Byford.
- Moving Midland Station and extending the Midland Line to Bellevue.
- A new station at Karnup, on the Mandurah Line.
- Planning for an inner-suburb light rail system, improving bus services and circle routes and creating better interactions between cycling routes and public transport.
This is great news for WA; vastly improving the cities’ infrastructure and accessibility.
(Image source: metronet.wa.gov.au)